It’s important to have a first aid kit stored securely somewhere in your vehicle throughout the year, but with the hazardous road conditions in combination with the cold temperatures, it’s more vital than ever to have a well-stocked emergency kit during the winter months.
Here are some winter safety kit basics to keep you started:
- As with any emergency kit, you’ll need first-aid basics, such as antibiotic ointment, bandages, and clean gauze
- Fold up a thick, warm blanket in case you find yourself trapped in the cold, as well as bonus mittens, hats, and scarves
- Include some fresh water and non-perishable snacks
- Though they should already be in your car, be sure to have a shovel and a windshield scraper on reserve
- And just like the rest of the year, it can’t hurt to have a flashlight, extra batteries, and a cell phone charger tucked away safely
Do you have any other tips to create a basic safety kit for the winter? Let us know what you keep stocked in your car in the comments.